As a developer you can make use of the follow the steps to start recording replays from a device of your choice:
- Install Replay into your project. (Full guide on installation here)
- Make sure you are signed into your Playground account, and that capture mode is enabled
- Open Unity's Build Settings and create a build for your chosen platform (Android or iOS). After building you can run the package on your device of choice:
- Requires XCode installed on your machine.
Unity-iPhone.xcodeprojfile from build folder in XCode.
- Link Apple account associated with the iPhone you wish to record from.
Automatically manage signing. (Will reduce the amount of options to fill out)
- Input your Company name into the
Teamfield & add your game's name under
- Hit build, upon completion your game will appear on the mobile device
- Upload the
.apkfile generated in your build folder to a cloud service of your choosing.
(Keep in mind you will need to access the file from your device. We recommend using Google Drive)
- In your device's settings navigate to
Biometrics and security& enable
Install unknown apps.
- Download the
.apkfile on your device. You can do this through a browser like Chrome, or via the app of the cloud service you are using (if one exists) e.g. the Google Drive app.
- Once downloaded your game will appear on your home screen.
You can now begin capturing gameplay from the application downloaded to your phone. This will involve the usual steps of pressing "Start Recording" on the Replay UI at the top of the screen, and playing until you are satisfied and then hit "Finish recording".
Be sure to name and save your capture before closing the app on your phone.
If you wish to create another capture simply close the app and reopen it.
You can read more about capturing via a device here.